Experiencing a Kentucky semi-truck accident can mean a sudden and dramatic change to your everyday life. Although the trauma and injuries resulting from a semi-truck accident can be difficult, finding the right semi-truck accident lawyer for your case does not have to be. The following tips can help identify the most important factors to help you find the best Kentucky semi-truck accident lawyer for your case:
- Look at the attorney’s experience – A good semi-truck crash attorney will have plenty of experience with wrongful death, personal injury, liability determinations, and destruction of property. He will be knowledgeable about state and national transportation laws, and be comfortable and competent in dealing with the insurance companies.
- Get to know his background – You can easily research whether an attorney is a member of certain law associations, such as a personal injury attorney association or the trial lawyers’ association for the state of Kentucky. You may also get in touch with the State Bar Association of Kentucky to ensure the attorney you’re considering is in good standing.
- Don’t hesitate to ask around – Word of mouth can go a long way in finding a semi-truck accident lawyer who is truly committed to his client. Often, the opinions of friends and family members can be extremely useful in figuring out which law firm will meet your specific needs.
- Feel free to ask questions – There is nothing wrong with contacting a law firm in order to confirm that they are willing and able to help you with your particular demands. Firms like that of experienced Paducah semi-truck accident lawyer Daryl T. Dixon will be happy to learn about your case and work with you to determine a good fit.
- Know which side an attorney is on – If you were injured or otherwise wronged as the result of a Kentucky semi-truck accident, you’ll want to call someone who is dedicated to representing the victim, rather than an attorney who is experienced in representing insurance companies or at-fault drivers.
If you or someone you know has experienced a collision involving a semi-truck, call the law offices of Kentucky accident attorney Daryl T. Dixon at 270-442-3246 for a complimentary consultation.