Happy holidays, everybody! The season is upon us, and that means it’s time for cheer, fun, snowy evenings by the fireplace, gift-giving, and– let’s be honest– a fair bit of stress. We’re here to make the holidays a little easier for Paducah, Kentucky residents. Our law firm has put together the ultimate 2017 guide to holiday fun in Paducah.
As Paducah residents, we know which festivities are among the best to see/take part in and which restaurants and bars offer some of the finest dinners and drinks Kentucky has to offer. In addition to events, shows, bars, and restaurants, we’ve also included sections for where to buy gifts locally and where to pick up a freshly-cut Christmas tree (or cut one yourself!).
Sit back, relax, have some hot cocoa, and enjoy our guide! If you think we’re missing anything, feel free and get in touch with us!
Our Favorite Holiday Shows and Events in Paducah
Paducah has no shortage of fun holiday events, shows, light events, concerts, and more. Here’s just a peek at some of the best events to attend this year:
- Christmas in the Park Holiday Light Display – Visit Paducah’s premier holiday light display. Horse-drawn carriage tours by reservation.
- Historic Downtown Paducah’s Dickens of a Christmas – Nov. 24 – On Mainstreet. Parade, crafts, carriage rides, carolers, bake sale, and more.
- 2017 Paducah Christmas Parade – Dec. 2 – In downtown Paducah, with a theme of “Let it glow, let it glow, let it glow” (expect all the lights!).
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” at the Carson Center – Runs on December 7th.
- Oak Ridge Boys at the Carson Center – The country group’s Christmas tour. Includes holiday music. Nov. 25
- Candlelight Advent Walk Through Downtown Paducah – Dec. 3 – Walk that goes through Paducah’s downtown historic churches.
- A Paducah Christmas – Dec. 3 – At St. Thomas More Church – Featuring the Paducah Symphony Orchestra’s Youth & Children’s Choruses.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at the Carson Center – Dec. 12. Watch the famous Moscow Ballet perform the classic Nutcracker ballet.
- Martina McBride at the Carson Center – Martina McBridge’s Christmas tour that takes place on Nov. 30.
- Paducah Symphony Orchestra: A Holiday Celebration – Dec. 9 – At the Carson Center. Tickets must be bought at the Paducah Symphony Orchestra box office.
- The Santaland Diaries – Dec. 1, 2 – A Christmas-themed comedy play at the Market House Theatre.
- Christmas Open House at Whitehaven Welcome Center – Dec. 8 – 19 – Tour the historical Whitehaven Welcome Center in its holiday finery. 1860s Southern mansion.
- An Ugly Christmas Sweater Murder Mystery! – Dec. 16 – At Soirées Events – An interactive murder-mystery holiday comedy show – Bring those ugly Christmas sweaters!
Our Favorite Local Paducah Gift Stores
Paducah has some great local stores for holiday gift-giving options that will not only satisfy everyone on your shopping list, but will help our local businesses thrive! Here are just a few local options:
- Vintage Holiday Market – Nov. 25 – Artisan-made goods, gifts, and vintage finds at Ephemera Paducah.
- Market Square Art Walk – At the Art Guild of Paducah every 3rd Saturday of the month – View and purchase beautiful artwork.
- Paducah Homegrown Holiday Farmers’ Market – Dec. 9 – At the Paducah McCracken County Convention & Expo Center.
- Paducah Main Street – Stay Out Late – Dec. 16 – Downtown Paducah stores will be open until 8 PM so everyone can get last-minute gifts. Many stores will have specials.
Our Favorite Paducah Restaurants and Bars for Holiday Cheer
There’s certainly no shortage of great restaurants and bars in Paducah. Here are just a few of our favorites. All are perfect venues for enjoying a holiday meal or drinks with friends, family members, or co-workers:
- Wagner Wine & Spirits – Party planning, wine tasting events every Saturday, craft beer, and plenty of bourbon (this is Kentucky, after all!).
- JP’s Bar & Grill – Fantastic little bar and restaurant in Paducah that even has an outdoor beer garden!
- Global Wine & Spirits Wine Tasting – Local wine tasting event all throughout the season at Global Wine & Spirits.
- Fat Moe’s Night Before Christmas Eve – Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve celebration at Fat Moe’s Bar & Grill on Broadway.
- Dry Ground Brewing Co. – Paducah’s first craft brewery, has live music planned for Dec. 9.
- Freight House Restaurant – Paducah’s first and only farm-to-table restaurant, serving up traditional southern flavors and locally-sourced meats and garden fare.
- Flamingo Row – Fun, Caribbean restaurant with a unique menu and great service.
Our Favorite Christmas Tree Farms Near Paducah
There’s nothing more gorgeous than a freshly-cut Christmas tree during the holiday season. You can find a few great Christmas tree farms close to Paducah to bring home your own tree ready to decorate:
- Allen Farm Christmas Trees and Cattle – Christmas tree farm in Buncombe, IL.
- Hawk Hill Tree Farm – Christmas tree farm in Anna, IL.
- Gilland Tree Farm – Christmas tree farm in Eddyville, KY.
- Beans to Blossoms – Christmas trees in Murray, KY.
- Wiswell’s Christmas Tree Farm – Christmas tree farm in Energy, IL.