Here are five tips to help you find the right truck accident lawyer for your case.
Experience in a Kentucky semi truck accident can mean a sudden and dramatic change to everyday life. Although the trauma and injuries resulting from a semi truck accident can be difficult, finding the right lawyer for these cases can be just as difficult. Hi. I’m Daryl T. Dixon, and I handle truck accident cases everyday in Paducah, Kentucky.
In order to find the right attorney, you should follow these five steps:
- Look at the attorney’s experience. A good semi truck accident attorney will have plenty of experience with this type of cases and will be knowledgeable in state and national transportation laws. He should also be comfortable dealing with insurance companies.
- Get to know the lawyer’s background. You can easily research whether they are a member of a certain trial lawyers’ association like the American Association of Justice or the Kentucky Justice Association.
- Don’t hesitate to ask around. Word of mouth can go a long way in finding a semi truck accident lawyer who is fully committed to his craft.
- Feel free to ask questions. There is nothing wrong with contacting a law firm to confirm if they are will to help you with your needs. Ask them questions. If they don’t know the answers, run from that firm.
- Know which side your attorney’s on. If you were injured or otherwise wronged as the result of a semi truck accident, you will want to call someone who is dedicated to representing the victim rather than an attorney who is experienced in representing the at-fault drivers or the semi trucking companies.
I deal with these cases every day. If you have a question about your case, there are many resources available here on my website. Also, I want to encourage you to pick up the phone and give me a call. I’d be happy to help you with your case.